List of top 10 NGO’s in Karnataka, South Indian State
“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others” – Mahatma Gandhi.
Amid the busy lives we lead today, we neglect the needs of the society we are part of. Our daily schedule keeps us busy to think about our surroundings. There is a large number of people who need shade & other basic needs. But, As-they-say, it is not too late. If you can extend a helping hand by doing small things by teaching over weekend or sponsor, here is the list of NGO’s you can reach out to:
Educational based NGO’s:
- Agastya International Foundation: Organizations’ main aim is to address the significant gaps in today’s educational systems using their unique methodology. This Transformative educational organization in India is helping poor children and teachers since 1999.
More details about the Foundation can be located at: https://www.agastya.org/
- Akshara Foundation:Foundation is set up as a public charitable Trust in 2000. It has set up independent balwadi’s and provides training to women to become edupreneurs. The foundation also extend programs in underdeveloped districts, conducts “oduvenanu”- a reading program, making math more meaning and fun as a part of their GanithaKalikaAndolana(GKA) program, supporting spoken English competencies in all the government primary schools across state
More information about the foundation can be accessed at https://akshara.org.in/
- Akshaya Patra Foundation:The Foundation implemented the Mid-Day Meal Scheme providing freshly cooked nutritious food to children of government and government-aided schools
More information about the foundation can be accessed at https://www.akshayapatra.org/
- ASHA:The Foundation stretches out to differently-abled children with Neurological challenges and enable them with Speech & Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy
More information about the foundation can be accessed at:http://asha-ngo.org/
- Azim Premji Foundation:The foundation is concentrates on improving the educational quality of processes and practices within the schools, facilitate them with creative approaches, builds professional network of teachers, reforms the curriculum of both student/teacher
More information about the foundation can be accessed at:https://azimpremjifoundation.org/
Sports based NGO’s:
- AataOdanaata: Works on creating equal opportunities to socioeconomically challenged youngsters through sports
More information about the foundation can be accessed at http://aataodanaata.org/
Environment based NGO’s:
- Eco Watch: The NGO concentrates on building awareness of environmental issues and to create an eco-conscious culture to protect and improve environmental & ecological conditions in both urban and rural areas
More information about the foundation can be accessed at http://www.ecowatchindia.org/
Health based NGO’s:
- Alcoholics anonymous:Aims at helping others to recover from alcoholism and achieve sobriety
More information about the foundation can be accessed at https://www.aa.org/
- Cancer Patients Aid Association (CPAA): Foundation works with medical fraternity focusing on encircling awareness, rehabilitation, early detection, treatment, support, advocacy and research studies on Cancer.
More information about the foundation can be accessed at:https://cancer.org.in/
Old Age Care NGO:
- Sridhama: A center for Aged for genuine needs.
More information about the foundation can be accessed at https://www.karnataka.com/ngos/sridhama/
So these Ngo’s Might help you when you are looking forward to doing some good deed.