Interesting things you need to know about Nirmala Seetharaman.
- Nirmala Sitharaman was born on,18 August 1959, in Madurai, Tamilnadu State, India to Shri Narayanan Sitaraman and Savitri.
- Sitharaman graduated from Seethalakshmi Ramasamy College, Tiruchirappalli and went on to join the Jawaharlal Nehru University in Delhi where she met her husband.
- From the beginning Nirmala leaned towards the BJP, her husband was from a pro-Congress family. Surprisingly Her mother-in-law was a Congress MLA in Andhra Pradesh, while her father-in-law was a Minister in the Andhra Pradesh Congress Govt in the 1970s.
- Sitharaman served at Pricewaterhouse Coopers as a Senior Manager and later for the BBC World Service.
- Nirmala was a member of the National Commission for Women from 2003-05. It was during her stint at NCW that she came in contact with Sushma Swaraj who sounded Nirmala out for a role in BJP.
- She joined the BJP in 2006 , Nirmala was slowly gaining in popularity in the BJP. It was during Nitin Gadkari’s tenure as BJP president that Nirmala Sitharaman was enlisted as one of the six party spokespersons in March 2010.
- As a visible spokesperson of the BJP, Nirmala played an important role in the run up to the 2014 elections.
- Nirmala Sitharaman joined Narendra Modi’s ministry in May 2014, On May 26 2014, Nirmala Sitharaman was sworn in as Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Ministry of Commerce & Industry, as well as a Minister of State for Finance and Corporate Affairs which fall under the Ministry of Finance headed by Arun Jaitley.
We wish to see her at more greater heights and inspire women to achieve greater things.