Haven’t you visited Gokarna Yet? Gokarna is Famous for Beach Trekking, Beaches, Surfing & Tourism
Gokarna is one of the most visited tourist destinations in Karnataka. It is a small temple town located on the west coast (Kumta Taluk of Uttara Kannada District) of India. It is connected to various major cities via different modes of transport. It is relatively easy to reach. The nearest airport is Vasco Da Gama distanced at 154 kilometers. Gokarna Railway station is the nearby station. By Bus, one can easily catch the direct busses to Gokarna from Hyderabad, Bangalore, Kochi, Mysore, and Goa.
Time to Visit: The best time to visit Gokarna is between October and March. Summer months, April to June are typically hot and humid. For Monsoon Lovers, July to October will be a perfect sight due to heavy rainfall. November to February is the best time to indulge in water sports.
Number of Days to be spent: Anyone who is interested to spend quality time with mother nature, can witness all the attractive destinations in 4 days. If you are a Yogi, this place is amazing to mediate. So, Yogi’s can plan their number of days based on their interests.
How safe it is for a Solo Traveler? For a solo traveler, this place is very safe in south India.
Famous Festivals: Mahashivratri(Feb/Mar), Karthika Mahotsava(Nov)
Temples to Visit: Mahabaleshwar Temple (Famous about the temple is Atmalinga. Atmalinga was perforced at Gokarna. Ravana, the demon kind carried it to Gokarna from Mount Kailash in the Himalayas), Cave Temple, Shiva Statue.
Enabled Activities: Beach Trekking: Yes( Kudle to Om Beach is the best trekking experience), Boat Ride: Yes, Night Stroll: Yes, Beach Camping: Yes, Souvenirs: Yes, Candle Light Dinner: Yes, Beach Sports: Yes, Massage/Spa: Yes
Beaches to Visit: Kudle and Om beach are 6 km away from Gokarna.
- Om Beach which is named after its shape offers ample adventure sports. Tourists can Speed Boat. The Speed Boating encircles other beaches such as Half Moon Beach, Nirvana Beach and Paradise Beach.
- Half Moon beach is not connected by roads. It can be accessed only by hiking, or through a boat ply.
- Nirvana Beach is Quite and Private. Travelers who likes to enjoy the serenity of cool blue water. Nirvana Beach is the refreshing getaway
- Kudle Beach is famous for its mesmerizing charm resembling a perfect ‘C’ surrounded by coconut trees. Sunrise and Sunsets are the real delights. Travelers can either sit on the shore or gaze at the never-ceasing tides. Locals visit this beach for morning walk. Bamboo huts are perfect for night camping
- Your belongings are at your own risk.
- There are fewer or no security guards. Hence, if you travel with kids, ensure that they are not left near the seashore.
- Afternoons are extremely hot. Carry a good sunscreen lotion. Preferably SPF30
If you are looking for some quiet time to spend near beaches nearby Karnataka, Gokarna is the perfect place.