Coronavirus pandemic: Prime Minister appeals to the nation for a JANTA CURFEW during this massive Covid-19 outbreak.
The pandemic declared by WHO- Covid-19 also known as the novel coronavirus is in no form to be ignored. As of 19th March 2020, the total number of confirmed Covid-19 cases in India stands at 183 so far. With Telangana confirming 8 positive cases in a single day, taking its total to 13 cases so far. India has witnessed 4 deaths in total due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the nation on the Covid-19 pandemic on March 19, 2020.
- “Janta Curfew” on 22nd March 2020- Narendra Modi appeals to the people of India asking to not step out of their homes on the 22nd of March from 7AM to 9PM. Prime Minister added saying this Janta Curfew will help us acquaint ourselves with self-isolation and also helps prepare us for the coming hardships.
- The threat of coronavirus for our country is not common-The Prime Minister who is been closely monitoring the outbreak in India says, the threat is to be taken seriously and is not common for our 130 crore population. Narendra Modi also adds we need to be determined and patient in this time of global crisis. He also adds that we need and must follow all the instructions and protocols to stop the spread of the virus.
- Work from home- Narendra Modi also appeals to the people to work from home as much as possible and step outside of our homes only if necessary.
- Social Distancing- The prime minister of India urges its citizens to practice social distancing and urges senior citizens of over 65 years and above to not step out of their homes for the next few weeks.
- No panic buying- The government of India is taking full steps and measures to not stop the supply of essential items including groceries and medicines. Modi ji requests the people to not hoard any items and continue the regular shopping instead of panic buying and hoarding of the essentials.
- Economic measures: Under this Covid-19 outbreak the economy of the country is taken a toll too. The government has therefore appointed a Covid-19 economic response task force under the finance minister. This particular task force will be in constant touch and take feedback from the experts and stakeholders to resolve this crisis with patience.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi also requests the employers to not cut wages and postpone the surgeries if possible to a month. Mr. Narendra Modi commences the speech by saying, protect ourselves, protect the nation and protect the world.